Translate

Monday 27 October 2014

Justification Of ideas

Justification of my Initial Ideas 


Initial Idea 1-Wildlife magazine.

  • Technology
The technology I would need to create a wildlife magazine includes a camera to take the photos for the content, software for editing the photos and to create fonts, banners and backgrounds. This software is adobe Photoshop and fireworks.I already own a DSLR camera which takes high quality photos at no extra over all cost.

  • Challenge?
I have already made a magazine for my AS project, it shouldn't be too much of a challenge. However, I haven't made a wildlife magazine before, so I am not too familiar with the codes and conventions as they will be massively different. Which means that the research will be different and challenging.
  • Summary
I think that a wildlife magazine will be a good idea; as I already have experience with creating a magazine which means I have a starting point of what not to do and what works well. It will still be challenging as the codes and conventions are different and that it will require a lot more travelling then finding opportunity models. I don't read a lot of magazine which puts me at a slight disadvantage, however through audience research I will be able to find out what should be included.

Initial Idea 2- A day in the life of a coral reef
  • Technology
The technology used to make a day in the life video is a DSLR camera with an underwater housing, strobe lights for the day time and night time filming has extra equipment such as extra lighting and a yellow lens filter to pick up the bio luminescence of the coral. I will also need the software to edit and compile all the footage.
  • Challenge?
This idea will be a massive challenge for me as I haven't had much experience filming underwater. It is also very different from anything I have created before. This idea means that I can expand my skills in media and scuba diving. There is also the challenge of hiring camera men to help with filming.
  • Summary
I think that this would be a very interesting idea to create as I think that there is a potential target audience. This is due to there being a gap in the market. I think that it will be a good way to promote diving in the UAE and the need for protection of the reef. It will also be an expensive production with all of the equipment and the amount underwater time. 


Initial Idea 3- Newspaper Supplement
  • Technology
The technology used to make a newspaper supplement is very similar to a magazine as I will be using a DSLR camera to take photos for the content and front cover. I will also need software for putting the newspaper together and editing the photos. I already have the camera and the most of the software, which means I can lower the final cost. The software that I don't have I can download for free.
  • Challenge?
This idea will be a massive challenge for me as I haven't had much experience creating a newspaper supplement. This means that I will have to do extra research to find out how newspaper supplement works, printed and what to include. It is also very different from anything I have created before. This idea means that I can expand my skills in media. There is also the challenge of finding a target audience for both the newspaper and the supplement.
  • Summary
I think that this would be a very interesting idea to create as I think that there is a potential target audience. Even though there is already quite alot of holiday destination magazines with the different reviews. However, I can put my own personal spin on it with the element of scuba diving and dive site reviews.


Initial Idea 4- Music Video/ Documentary
  • Technology
The technology I will need for this will be a video camera, lights and microphone, I might need a still camera to take pictures of the band to have in the background. I will also need software for compiling all of my footage and editing the still photos.

  • Challenge?
This idea is going to challenging as I haven't had any experience in filming and music video with a interview of the band mixed in. It is going to be a challenge to have a balance between to music video and the interviews. This idea means that I will have to get permissions for filming and extra camera men to help with filming.
  • Summary
The Summary of this idea is that I will need lots of expensive equipment to make it look professional and interesting. This means that the overall cost will be expensive. I also don't think that there is much of a gap in the market as most people just listen to the music and are not really interested in the band itself, let alone a school band. 

Initial Idea 5- Educational series
  • Technology
The technology I will need for this will a HD camera for recording and maybe a screen recorder as I will be using an interactive whiteboard as an educational aid. Once all the filming is complete I will need editing software for compiling all the footage and editing out mistakes.
  • Challenge?
I think that this will be a challenge as I would want to include some children in the episode as it will be something for the audience to relate to. This means that I will have to get the relevant permissions. It is also going to be a challenge for me as I haven't created anything like this before so I am not familiar with the codes and conventions. 
  • Summary
The summary of this idea is that it will be an educational series for small children in foundation stage 1 & 2 with the possibility of older years if it is successful. The topics of the episodes with going along with the curriculum that the teacher have set in place. I think it will be successful as there is a large potential audience as it will be useful for both teachers and students.







No comments:

Post a Comment