Translate

Saturday 18 October 2014

Reasons Why....

Questionnaire. (Primary Research)

I have chosen to carry out this form of research because, I want to find out what types of wildlife my target audience enjoys to watch or learn information about. I will have two questionnaires one for the age group of 16-24 and another the age group of 40-60. I want to know if my idea is commercially viable in today’s market. I will do this through asking questions about cost, interest in the subject matter, the shops that it is brought from. I also want to find out if my audience prefers to read a hard copy magazine or an electronic one; or if I should produce both. Another thing I want to find out is the actual layout of the magazine. This means if the audience likes more pictures, more words or a mixture of both. I want to find out what draws an audience to a wildlife magazine, this use of an open question will help me find out the codes and conventions of a wildlife magazine. And finally I want to find out whether or not I should include more double page stories or limit it to a single page. I can also use this method of research for idea 3 as I would want to find out what holiday destinations my audience would like to visit and have reviewed. I would also use this form of research for idea 4 as I need to know what types of music my target audience listens to then I can form the video around the particular music genre.

 Focus Groups (Primary Research)

I have also chosen to conduct a focus group, for this form of research I will have to consider the age range of the group- 17-30. Also whether to have the group primarily one gender, race or ethnicity or have a mix- the group will be a mix of gender, race and ethnicity. This is because I want to have a wide range of opinions and ideas, to be able to produce my idea to be attractive to potential buyers. I would have to consider who would lead the group, as to try not to influence the group’s opinion too much. I would also have to consider the amount of people, to be able for everyone to have their say about the idea. The amount of people that I am going to use for this form of research is going to be anywhere between 5-10 people. As I think this is a good amount for people to ask the right questions and voice their opinion. The last thing I would need to consider is closed and/or open questions. This is because I don’t want to the lead the group to a particular answer but I want to reach a useful conclusion. The content of these questions would similar to those from the questionnaire. I want to try and get a mix of personalities as I want different opinions.I could film the interview with permission of course this would make it easier to analyse at a later date. If I was to film the focus group I would have to have people sign a permission slip with a no objection section. 

Interviews. (Primary Research)

For Idea 5 I have chosen to conduct a couple of Interviews(4) with students and teachers. For this from of research I will have to take in to consideration the age of the interviewees(3-6 and 25-40). This is because I want to know the opinions of both the teacher and the students. This is because this would primarily be the target audience for this idea. I also would have to chose gender, race or ethnicity and maybe social background. This way I tailor the program to meet the teaching needs and styles of the foundation stage teachers. The amount of questions for the interview is another thing I need to consider. As I don't want the interviewee to become bored or uninterested. I would have to ask a range of open and closed questions to get the balance of opinions and useful information that I could analyze. I could the interview with permission of course this would make it easier to analyze at a later date. If I was to fill the interview I would have to have people sign a permission slip with a no objection section. 

Comparative Analysis.



For ideas 2 and 5 I have chosen to complete a comparative analysis to further back up my knowledge. I have also chosen this form of research because by comparing to existing products I can find the similarities and differences. This will also have an impact on my final design as I will find out what the codes and conventions of the genres are. I would have to take in to consideration things like the genre of the magazine and whether or not it is relevant to the chosen ideas. I would also have to access the time frame I would have to complete the comparative analysis.

Content Analysis.

For all of my ideas I have chosen to conduct content analysis of existing product. For this form of research I would have to take into consideration the depth of detail I want to go into as for each chosen product there are a million things to write about. I will also have to chose how many I would do for each idea. I would like to be able to complete at least three for each idea. This means that would get a thorough understanding of each genre and medium and what is expected of them.

Observation. (Primary Research)



For ideas 2, 4, and 5  I have chosen to complete an observation task. This is useful to me as I can analyze how my potential target market reacts to existing products. This would mean having to film reactions, then extracting the good aspects of the product and discarding the bad aspects. I would have to look into the legalities of filming others, no objection letters and the right to be anonymous in later right ups. I would have to consider a backup plan in case no body wanted to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment