Translate

Tuesday 4 November 2014

Chosen Idea- Wildlife Magazine

WILDLIFE MAGAZINE.

Originally my initial idea was to produce a wildlife magazine about the nature and wildlife aspects of Abu Dhabi. However, after careful audience and commercial viability research, I have had to make some minor changes to my initial idea. These changes include the target audience, content and adding to my initial idea. The primary demographic for this idea is now 40-75+  I already have quite a niche market to compete in I want to attract a wide audience in order to be successful. Through my audience research of questionnaires I have an unusual amount of interest from a secondary demographic audience which is 18-24 and 35-44. Which is great for my idea as I can include articles that will be suitable for a young audience. The gender preference for my idea is mostly females with over 60% participants. However. there is interest from the male population with just under 40% participants. This shows that I have both a male and female audience to cater for. Majority of participants for my survey were the working class of Abu Dhabi with some retired or government supported participants. This has shown me that the working class would be interested in the initial idea contrary to my prior knowledge. 

The next set of changes I am going to make is to the distribution of the magazine to the public from hard copy to having an electronic copy that my audience can access on tablets, I Pads and smart phones. This is due the over whelming amount of participants that ticked the box that said they read magazines on a range of devices and mediums. This opens up the possibility for a convergence package of offering my product as an online version. This in turn will widen my target audience. 

Initially I hadn't specified a price for the idea, as I didn't have enough knowledge to place it in a realistic price bracket. Which means now that I have my survey to pull information from, and make an informed decision. The informed price is £2:50 to £3. This is because the majority of my participants for the questionnaire answered £2-£4.

When I asked if people would read wildlife or nature magazine 60% of participants said that they would read a wildlife magazine. This shows that there is a market for nature magazines if it was interesting and and featured holiday destinations.

The idea of the front cover of the magazine hasn't to much from the initial idea. This is because I am going to use a single picture for the cover with the title and the main story title. 

The content of the magazine is the section that has been modified and developed as initially I was planning to just take pictures have a small amount of writing about the animal. The developed idea will include photography on animals and then a medium amount of information about the animal; Photography tips of how I took the photos and what equipment I used; I am going to try and include some real life elements such as interviews as that was very popular on the survey. The Question and answer section that I initially wanted to include wasn't very successful on the survey; this means that I might not include it in the final product and if I do it will be a small element. The animals that will be used is a mixture of the different animals in the UAE.

The last couple of the questions were to do with subcribing, buying and how often would you do this. The overall results for this were that people would buy or subcribe as a one off and this would be a monthly task. There was questions about newspapers and with or without supplements. My demographic audience said that they read newspapers and would be interested in a supplement.


No comments:

Post a Comment